Thursday, August 11, 2011

A nice chat with Sofia

So. It's been a while, hasn't it? Work has been crazy busy and we have another couple of weeks....but I'll try to pop in when I can and soon enough we'll be back to our regularly scheduled program. In the meantime, I wanted to give you a peek at what Sofia and I talk about in the morning. And to show you that the "Why?" stage has begun.

Just this morning, Sofia was sitting in the bathroom with me while I was getting ready for work....

Sofia: "Mommy...what you doing?"

Mommy: "I'm putting on my make-up."

S: "Why you putting on make-up?"

M: "So I won't look so tired."

S: "But why you look so tired?"

M: "Because I've been working really late this week."

S: "Mommy.....why you been working really late this week?"

M: "Because we're really busy at work."

S: "But. Why you really busy at work?"

M: "Because, sweetie, [insert name of client here] has to file their 10K with the Securities and Exchange Commission by the end of August and we have a lot of work to get done before then."

......crickets and big brown eyes looking at me.....

S: "Oooooh."

3 comments:

Jessica said...

LOL!

Cincerely said...

Yes, I find that bringing the SEC into a conversation effectively shuts the conversation down. LOLOLOL

Cindy said...

LOL!!! I think I get the same response from most adults!