Tuesday, April 26, 2011

I'll remember that

For as smiley as Isabella is, when she's concentrating on something she gets this very serious look on her face. See? And as serious as she looks in this picture, I don't think this picture does her look justice! It's.....well.........serious.


So I took Bella for her 6 month well visit last Friday. Oh. I don't think I've updated her stats....but if I remember correctly (Go ahead. Laugh.) I predicted she was about 18 1/2 lbs. How close I was! She weighed in at 18lb 5oz (86th percentile)......was 27 1/4" long (94th percentile) and her head was 17 1/2" around (96th percentile). Hello my chunky, tall and smart baby girl! I never put the girls' percentiles because.....well......they were never on the growth chart.......so I'm totally enjoying Bella being on it....and at the top!

Then came the part I always dread. Shots. D will never admit it, but I think he secretly calls ahead....finds out if she has to get shots.....and then figures out a way to get me to take her without my realizing his intentions. Seriously. So anyway - Bella was all happy during her appointment and the nurse came back in. The nurse had to do a little extra holding because Bella is usually practicing for a career in sprinting or cycling with as fast as her little legs are usually moving -- so she already wasn't so excited about that. The nurse was quick with the 2 shots but Bella's smiles quickly turned to tears and she was quite upset. The nurse was so fast that I didn't really have time to get upset because it was time to pick Bella up and as soon as I picked Bella up, she stopped crying. Instantly. And as I looked at her, she was tracking the nurse as the nurse was walking around the room..............

Ooooooooh. I told the nurse I felt pretty sure Bella was committing her face to memory and this day would not be forgotten. Luckily there are no shots for the next well visit.......but I really don't think Bella cares!! Pooooooor poooooor nurse!

1 comment:

Cincerely said...

Yikes. That is one memorable look. Hope I'm never on the receiving end of one of those! LOL