Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Bella is 2 months old today!

Wow.....2 months already! It's going by so fast and Isabella is growing just as fast. She has her 2 month appointment on Thursday so we'll know her weight for sure but last week, per the bathroom scale, she was about 11.5lbs. Big girl! D had changed her the other day and when he came back into the room he goes "Have you seen all those rolls on Isabella's legs? Are those normal??" - haha.

She's doing very well......we're still working on a schedule but we can't complain. As of Friday, we moved her to her crib at night. I wasn't sure I was ready, but she apparently was ready because she has done very well. She's not always ready to go to bed when we put her there.....and we don't feel like she's old enough to let her cry it out, so we're still compromising on a bed time - haha.

Sometimes she sleeps through the night, waking up around 5 or 6am, and other times she wakes up once anywhere between 1:30 and 3am. I don't complain about that -- that's about my own sleeping schedule.

Bella still hates tummy time but we press on with it. She's starting to hold her head up really well.

Sometimes I will just sit and look at her and think about how she's the last baby we'll have. A small part of me is sad about that, but most of me just realizes the fact and that makes me enjoy Bella even more than we already do.....if that's possible!


In other family news......we had our first hang-up 911 call today. Olivia came to me carrying my cell phone saying "Is this a picture of Mommy?" So I'm showing her the picture of Bella that is my background and the phone rings in my hand. I don't recognize the number and when I answer I hear "Ma'am - this is XXX County 911 - we had a hang-up from this number. Is everything okay?" Oh my goodness I was mortified!! I apologized over and over and explained that my 2-year old must have hit the "emergency call" button on my otherwise locked cell phone. I was so hoping we would avoid having a story like that one. I'm just glad she found the end button!

Oh well. Let's hope that doesn't happen again!

No comments: