Sunday, November 21, 2010

Miss Bella is 1 month old today......


Isabella is one month old today....and she's still quite a sleepy little girl. As of her most recent doctor's appointment, she weighed 9lb 4oz and she's already outgrown most of her newborn clothes. We're still working on getting her on some kind of schedule but for now she still does her own thing. We've been lucky the past few nights that she's gone for most of the night before wanting to eat again so there's a little bit of sleeping going on, but that could change at any time. She's still sleeping in our room....I'm not sure when I'll be ready to move her to her own room....but since she's just a month old, we still have time!!

So. A whole month old....and there's not too much more to write. Eat, sleep, eat, sleep. And quite a few diaper changes in between. She does have the cutest thing she does when she's hungry -- if I pick her up and hold her at my shoulder, she turns her head to my cheek and it's like she's giving me little kisses. How sweet!!

Bella hates to be laid on her back if it's on a flat surface (i.e. the changing table, in the pack-n-play) unless you put something around her to brace her. At night when I put her to bed, I put the Boppy pillow around her (think about her being feet-first inside the letter U) and that seems to make her feel more secure. When I lay her on the changing table, she immediately holds her arms out like she's trying to balance herself and she gets this scared look on her face.
D swears that Isabella has a favorite.....and that he's not it - haha. I told him that out of our 3 children, I'm allowed to have one.....but not to worry....once Bella realizes that Daddy pretty much gives her anything she wants, he'll quickly become the favorite - haha!!

Oh...I almost forgot to mention her amazing ability to spit up most of her bottle without getting even a drop on herself. Not so much for the person holding her at the time, but still. That's impressive!

No comments: