Sunday, September 19, 2010

Hangin' around

Yep. That's us! Just hanging around the house. I was able to come home from the hospital on Friday afternoon after a 24-hour observation period. I got my second steroid shot for Bella's lungs, new meds and orders for strict bedrest......bathroom privileges only. I already met the first goal -- make it 24 hours after the second steroid shot to give it a chance to get through my body and to Isabella. The next goal is 34 weeks.......about a week and a half from now. I keep telling Bella that November is a perfect birth month, but if she'd rather come early....how about October?!?!! Once 34 weeks passes, the next goal is 36 weeks. My understanding is that once I get to 36 weeks, they won't go forward with medical intervention if my contractions begin / continue / increase. Let's hope we find out how that works, right??!!!

So until then, we're all just hanging around. I've stopped working -- my doctor and I felt it was best for me to just be able to lay around and not have the stress of deadlines or having to be productive during the day. I'm so lucky D is here to take care of all of us. It's a tall order, that's for sure, but we're so thankful we don't have to juggle the logistics of having me off my feet and the girls.

Of course the girls don't really understand what's going on. The meds I'm on make me sleepy and dizzy sometimes so I find myself napping off and on during the day -- and usually waking up with 2 little faces in mine going "Mommy, wake up!". I hate having to tell Olivia to find Daddy to play with her when she comes to me carrying a ball saying "Mommy, sit down!" so we can roll the ball back and forth. We find other ways to play and I have a feeling I'll see every one of the 50 episodes of Dora currently stored on our DVR player - haha.

So! 34 weeks here we come! Let's hope Isabella is as content to hang out as the rest of us!

No comments: