Sunday, September 20, 2009

The simple life


No, not living the simple life. Practicing for our upcoming trip to KY? Nope. Then what, you may ask?? CRIB RECALL. I'm not even kidding.

I was talking to mom on the phone yesterday and, as a passing thought, she said "Oh. What's the name of the manufacturer of your cribs?" and so it began. A quick search on the internet and !poof! I was disassembling cribs and taking pictures of labels and printing shipping documents. The crazy thing is -- in order to receive the voucher to purchase new cribs, you have to send the hardware for the recalled crib. I get why they do it, don't get me wrong, but still. There has to be a better way, no?

Hopefully next week will find us doing some shopping. I'm quite bummed because I love our cribs. I'm hoping to find new cribs similar to the ones we have now - I think we'll be able to.

By the way -- the recall is because, apparently, they've had several instances of kids breaking the slats on the railing and getting caught in the open gap created. After taking the cribs apart and testing the durability of the slats myself I must say........those are some awfully strong kids out there!!

No comments: