Friday, April 10, 2009

Clapping and Crying

Last night was an interesting night. I think the girls either need to sleep longer in the afternoon or they need to start going to be earlier than 8pm. Last night was the second night in a row that they were not happy campers. And when the babies aren't happy campers, the mommy and daddy aren't happy campers!! It wasn't all crying all the time, though. Sofia was off and on, and Olivia was a dream......as long as I was in direct contact with her!

Sofia did something new, too --- she clapped!!!! We've been clapping to encourage them and I was asking her "Sofia - can you clap?" and then I would clap my hands in front of her and then take her hands and clap them. She was watching me intently. When I first started, she was watching me and when I would ask her if she could clap, she would slowly bring her hands together and hold them. After a few more times, she started clapping. Well - "clapping" --- she would hit the top of one hand with the other, but I knew exactly what she was doing! It was quite cute!!! She doesn't clap on demand -- Daddy has yet to see this new talent -- but she clapped a few times for me last night. The she cried.

Olivia........well.........she just wasn't happy. I'm not sure if she's teething or if she didn't feel well - she had a bit of a runny nose, but no fever or other signs of sickness. I just didn't know what to do with her. So.....I took pictures.........

In a better moment (but it's building!).........................................................

Total meltdown....................................


But she still poses when the camera comes out.................................
Look at those crocodile tears....................
Just a few quick pictures and then I picked her up and she was fine - no worries! Besides - I need pictures to show her when she grows up, right?!?!?!

No comments: