Saturday, March 7, 2009

First and first

We had a taste of normalcy today......it was such a nice day (after I got home from work) I just couldn't stand to stay in the house so D and I packed up the girls and off we went. We headed downtown to walk around and ended up having dinner at a restaurant where tables were available outside. Our first dinner out with the girls! It was awesome to be out and spend a normal evening as a family. The girls were great --- we had the stroller with us at the table so they were able sit there while we ate. It was funny, though - when our food came, 2 little faces followed our every move as we ate. Quite cute.

Before we stopped for dinner, I was a little worried we weren't going to be out for long because Olivia was quite fussy which isn't like her. Was she hot? Did she just want to be carried? It was one of those "I don't know what to do for you" situations. She was great during dinner, but once we were in the car, the tears came. She cried and cried and cried and what do you do when you're driving? I reached behind me to find her hand and she started chewing on my finger.......her first tooth!!! Oooohhhhhhhhh. Now I understand what she's not so happy! Poor little girl! Her 2 bottom teeth are coming in -- one has broken through and you can tell the other isn't too far behind. My sweet baby girl is growing up!!

No comments: