Sunday, December 7, 2008

We found our feet!

It's been a nice weekend. We visited our friends J&J and their sweet little ones, Kathryn and Isaac. I can't believe I forgot to take pictures!! Next time! We met J&J through the multiples class at the hospital -- we didn't get to attend the class (well - D could have but what fun is it alone?!?!) but one evening mom was taking me back to my room after one of my cherished 20-minute trips outside and we bumped into the other 2 couples in our class as they were touring the floor. J and I started trading e-mails after that. Their kiddos were born about 2 1/2 months after the girls so it's been neat to be able to "talk twins" and compare notes.

My holiday party for work was Saturday evening but D and I didn't make it. His parents had 2 caterings and my dad has come down with a bad cold and since my mom has been exposed to it, we felt like she didn't need to be taking care of the girls. She's not sick, but it's no guarantee that she won't come down with something. We're not ready for babysitters outside of the family so the only option was to stay home. There's always next year.

I've spent the weekend finishing up the Christmas decorations. I didn't put out everything that I usually do........but we do have 2 trees, lights outside and the Christmas dishes did make it to the dining room table. We'll go all out next year!! It still looks nice, though. I'll have to tell you more about my "crafty Christmas project" when I get pictures. We bought a new camera today so I'm waiting for D to teach me how to use it. He took photography classes in college and has always been interested so why not let him try out his interest by taking pictures of the girls, right?!?!?!!He has been charged with getting pictures of the girls in their Christmas outfits so that I can make them into Christmas cards. He needs to get to work!!!

The girls are fantastic. Their new thing is they have discovered their feet. This past week, Olivia was laying on the activity mat and kept reaching for her foot. When she finally figured out how to reach it, she kept pulling at her sock until she had pulled it off. Then, on Friday night, Sofia was laying in her crib while I changed Olivia. She was already in her sleep sack and she was laying on her back and raising her legs up in the air towards her. I could see her feet in the air and then I could see a little hand reaching towards her feet. I wish I would have had my camera - it was the funniest sight.

Here are a couple of pictures of Sofia with one of the girls' new favorite toys -- links. I like them because I can attach them to almost anything to hang in front of them and they're so easy for little hands to grab. Sofia was tired and finally fell asleep in the process of figuring out how to get links into her mouth!! Too funny.

Until next time!

No comments: