Sunday, December 7, 2008

Martha Who?????

Okay, okay - so I'm going a little overboard by comparing myself to the famous Marthas of the world but I'm pretty excited about my crafty Christmas project. If you know me, you know I'm an accountant......and accountants aren't crafty creative. At least most of us aren't. I don't do the scrapbook thing. (I love it...I just can't do it). I just don't have an eye for anything creative.

So. Armed with an idea I saw in one of my doctor's offices, I expanded on it and headed off to Hobby Lobby for Christmas scrapbook paper. I went through my pictures from this year and picked my favorites and, thanks to my watermarking software (surely you've noticed the pictures I put on here are watermarked), I labeled each picture with the appropriate kid, or order of kids, and the month and year of the picture. I used the Christmas scrapbook paper as a background......had some red ribbon I had purchased for some reason I can no longer remember......and *voila*........personalized Christmas ornaments!


The tree is in our front living room and has white lights and red, green and silver glass ornaments as fillers. I'm still in the market for a tree topper and a tree skirt, but hey - one thing at a time, right?!

I'm quite proud of myself. I don't think I'll be quitting my day job any time soon, but hey - this accountant now has a crafty project in my portfolio - ha!

1 comment:

Megan W said...

Next time you have some free time, let's get together and scrapbook! It can be EASY and fast! The hardest part is journaling, and since you have blogged with no problem, you can handle that!