Monday, January 14, 2008

Baby, oh, Baby

Baby, baby is right!! It's been a long journey to get where we are today. I know there are others out there who have had longer, but this is all we know. It's tried our patience and it's brought us closer. I can't say we wouldn't change a thing, but it's what we were given and we are so thankful for where we are today. Twins!! Wowow!!!

I think we're finally over the surprise. A family member asked me over Christmas what I thought about having multiples. My response....."Honestly - I never thought it would happen to us." Never say never? Haha. I don't usually make so bold a statement. We absolutely could not be happier.

We had our first ultrasound on December 18th when we found out it was multiples (Happy birthday, Mom!!). I was so nervous. Although I knew I was lucky I had not been sick, I sure didn't feel lucky. Waiting for 2 weeks to get to the ultrasound was......painful is the best adjective I can think of. Patience isn't always my strong point - haha. I wanted something tangible to hang on to so I would know there was a healthy baby. This was my hope as we went to the first ultrasound....."Please let there be a healthy baby." As soon as the screen came up, and although I had no clue was I was looking for, I saw 2 spots. "Ummm.....is that twins?" Hahaha.

We had our third ultrasound on the 28th - at 10 weeks. Much to our amazement, the babies were already moving. They're quite active!! I have a few good ultrasound pictures - I don't know how well they'll scan, but I'll try it this weekend. He got a good one where you can see both babies in the same shot. Twins. Oh my! My next appointment is in 2 weeks and I believe I'll go once every 4 weeks and they'll do an ultrasound at each visit. I'll have the ultrasounds with a doctor specializing in high risk pregnancies and I'm not 100% sure, but I think they'll be the 4-D ultrasounds - we shall see!!

I say "that's about all that's going on with us" - ha. I'll get the u/s pictures up soon!!

Until next time.......

No comments: