- I had dinner with a fellow MoM whose kiddos are almost the same age as O&S. It was a Monday night and we were the last to leave the restaurant. Seriously. They locked the doors behind us. Total enjoyment and a must-do again! Soon!
- I turned thirty-ahem-yeah-right-like-I'd-really-confess years old.
- We had birthday dinner out with the family......there were so many of us we had to split tables. I wondered why people were staring....then I looked at our seating arrangements.....in a round booth in the corner it was: D, me holding Bella, Sofia, Carter, Olivia, Daniela, Gabriela, and D's sister and her husband (as an aside....I always debate....my sister-in-law and her husband? my sister-and-brother-in-law?). Yep. 4 adults and 6 young kids. I think I might just stare, too. But! We had the portable DVD player and it was all good.
- We went back to our house for cake.
- The gifts were very generous including a 2-hour massage(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and D surprised me with an iPad. I didn't need an iPad....but can I just say "How friggin' cool!!!".
- The girls spent the day singing Happy Birthday to me.
- Olivia also spent the day insisting it was also her birthday but she didn't want chocolate cake....she wanted strawberry cake.
- Baby Reese attended her very first family birthday celebration! She slept.
- I had to spend this past week out of town working last week. It just so happened to be a client located on the coast. If I had a dollar for every time I heard "Have fun at the beach!".
- I didn't see one grain of sand. Or the ocean.
- I didn't eat seafood either.
- While I was gone, D put on his superhero cape and braved the doctor's office with all 3 girls. By himself. I'm not being sarcastic about that superhero cape.
- I worked until midnight or after every night I was gone.
- I came home Thursday night.....hoping to get into bed before midnight. I stayed up with Olivia who was coughing like crazy. When she stopped, Miss Bella decided it was time for a party at her crib. It was 2am.
- Although I was so tired I couldn't see straight, I totally enjoyed the quiet time with Bella while she had a bottle. I actually debated on letting her sleep with me. But I took her back to her crib. It was after 3am by the time I laid down to sleep.
- My voice is pretty much gone.
- I worked most of the day on Saturday. All 3 girls were running fevers when I got home.
- I can't believe tomorrow is Monday already.
Sunday, April 10, 2011
Wow. I totally didn't mean to be gone that long. I had a long week working out of town....and now all of us, except D, are sick. Fevers. Coughing. Ear infection (1 that we know of anyway). Lots of runny noses. To quote Olivia......"It's not good!" Seems like I have a lot to say, but I either can't remember or I don't yet have pictures to go with my posts. But! How about some bullets to get you by until I remember and / or have pictures..... So in the time we've been apart...............