Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Yummy in my tummy

When the big girls are eating, I'm always asking them if whatever they're eating is yummy. "Is it yummy in your tummy?" I have no idea where I got that from -- it's just one of those things, I guess. And it's even cuter (assuming it was cute to start with - ha!) when I hear the girls talking to eachother....."Livie - is that yummy tummy?" "Yes, Pia, it's yummy my tummy!"

Not to be left out, Isabella has found her own thing that's "Yummy tummy!" Well....she thinks her bottles are quite yummy, but she can't have those whenever she wants........well - actually, she can if she yells loud enough -- oh you get my point!!

Yep......the dreaded thumb sucking! And she does it quite well, don't you think?

Mental note.....make sure she sleeps looking over her right shoulder. Moving on.........

I thought she was going to be a paci girl --- and she still really likes her paci, but now that she's realized her hands are always there, she's starting to prefer her thumb. I've had this great plan for when it was time to give up the paci - we were going to take Bella to the Build-A-Bear store and let her build a bear to keep her paci inside to give it up. Looks like I now have to figure out how we're going to get that thumb inside the Build-A-Bear............ha! Oooohhh - mean Mommy putting mitts over her hands! I promise I wasn't being mean - her little hands are always so cold!

I think this picture is hilarious -- it's like she couldn't figure out which she wanted, so she tried to get a little of both. She ended up putting her thumb inside the paci and I wasn't fast enough with the camera to get that shot!
Oh well - there are worse things, right?! And admit it -- it's kinda cute. For now. Not so cute when she's in kindergarten.........but we'll deal with that when we get there. Remind me I said that when it's time to deal with it and I'm wondering why on earth we didn't make her stop sooner!
There's really not much else to report.......it's a dreary cold day.....the girls had MMO today and are supposed to be napping.......but instead they're jumping off the bed. I know this because their room is just above where I'm sitting.....and it sounds like they're going to fall through the floor. I know they're fine -- I hear them checking on eachother "You okay, Pia?" "You have boo-boos, Livie?" "Pia - no no jumping on bed!" [BAM] "Whoa! That was really high!"
Let's hope Olivia doesn't learn to scale the dresser.............

No comments: