Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Reverse psychology, people!

Reverse psychology works.....it really really works! At least this time it worked....I need to figure out how to apply that to potty training....but that's a whole 'nother post!

So yes-- snow!! Lots and lots of snow!! By southern standards, of course. I think they were saying it's been since 1988 since we've had this much snow. I was discussing this fact with my neighbor as he was shoveling his driveway........and thinking he was done with shoveling for good when they moved here from "up north". Hey-- once every 12-13 years can't be that bad, right??!!!

Speaking of driveways -- ours is in there somewhere.......

On Monday, we waited for my parents and sister/BIL/nephew to get here before taking the girls outside -- I thought they would love it, but you never know so I wanted them to be outside with everyone in case it was a one-time deal. I was right, though -- they loved it. Even Olivia who still isn't always excited about walking places where she isn't too sure of her footing, but she was actually the first one to want to walk solo through the snow. Even if it came up to her knees sometimes.......
Our street has one of the biggest, if not the biggest, hills in the neighborhood so there were a lot of people sledding and we made the walk to the hill to join in. Unfortunately, I didn't take my camera with me but the girls loved that, too! They rode with Uncle C....together by themselves and with Carter. They made a few runs down the hill and we decided it was time to head back to the house and get out of the cold. But not before stopping in the yard to make a few snowballs........

What a great time! The girls so didn't want to go inside -- despite wet pants and frozen noses -- so that was quite an ordeal, and as soon as they got up from their nap we heard requests to go back outside......unfortunately by that time it was raining and sleeting...and Mommy wasn't about to go out in that!! So we've been enjoying the view from inside.
When Grandma and Papa were here, Papa introduced the girls to snowcream. It was quite a hit, but they were also happy with a big ole' bowl of plain snow..........see........
This morning they both came walking towards me carrying bowls and spoons and Olivia was saying "Mommy, me have my snow, please?" Hey -- 45 minutes of good clean fun?? I'm in! Our deck and backyard is still a nice untouched blanket of snow....minus the scoops out of the snow on the deck where we've filled bowls at their request. They're happy.....I'm happy........score!!
Unfortunately for Miss Bella, we declared it too cold for her to be outside so Grandma and D took turns staying inside with her while the rest of us were outside with the big kiddos.......but she didn't seem to mind as long as Papa was around to make her smile!!

So there you have it --- the Great Snow of 2011!! My neighbor had the right idea with the shoveling business......since we had some rain / sleet and some melting during the day, our driveway is now a sheet of ice. This stuff is going to be around for a while!

No comments: