Wednesday, August 4, 2010

"Hey! It's a fish tank!"

Olivia has this new thing. She starts her sentences with "Hey". I usually notice it when she's identifying something. "Hey! It's a doggie!" or "Hey.....it's a W". It's quite cute and I can't say I don't know where she gets it from. As I was talking to my sister this morning, she says "You know you do that, right?" Yeah......apparently I use "Hey" a lot to start my sentences. It's much cuter when Livie says it, though!

For years now, D has wanted to set up a fish tank. I don't know why, but I've never been really excited about a fish tank. My parents gave him one several years ago and it has never made its way together. Until this weekend. As we've cleaning out rooms to prepare for Isabella, he came across his fish tank and decided now was the time. "Fish tanks bring peace and tranquility" he says. All I could think about was "Great.......something else to keep alive" - haha. But. Alas. We set up the fish tank.....let the water run for a couple of days.....and D purchased a few fish. You know how, when you bring fish home, you're supposed to submerge the bag of fish into the tank water so the fish aren't shocked by the new water temperature? So D comes home with instructions to do this for 15 - 20 mins before we move the fish to the tank.......and we do. And promptly forget about the fish floating in the bag inside the tank. I'm not kidding. It was at least an hour later when we realized we had forgotten about the fish. Great start, eh?!!!

I will admit, though, it's not as bad as I thought. And the girls really like watching them.

"Hey! It's a fish tank!" Olivia has pointed that out to us many times!

No comments: