Sunday, August 15, 2010

Does someone need a reality check?

I was shopping in a maternity store this weekend making, what I hope will be, my last purchases to get me through the next 11 weeks. I'm not going to know what to do with this full-term pregnancy stuff - haha!

So I'm browsing the racks of shirts in the store and I notice 2 women following close behind also browsing for shirts. I'm trying to mind my own business, but I couldn't help but overhear their conversation. (My husband would argue that I love to listen to other people's conversations, but I really was trying!) They kept commenting on how all the clothes just looked so big. Um. Okay. The sales person approaches them and asks if they are finding everything they need to which they respond "Do you have anything smaller?" To which the sales person replies "Smaller than a small?"

Seriously?

The sales rep explains that you typically wear the same size (S,M,L,XL) when you're pregnant as you do when you're not pregnant. Makes sense, right?

Customer: "But these small shirts look so.......big. There's no shape to them."

Sales rep: "Well, ma'am, they are maternity shirts. They're meant to accommodate a woman's growing belly."

Cust: "Oh MY daughter isn't going to get THAT big."

SR: "How far along is she?"

Cust: "Oh we just found out she's pregnant!!!"

Me (as I'm trying to decide if I need to stay in the size I usually wear when I'm not pregnant or if I'm going to have to go to the next size in the next 11 weeks....and let's be honest...I'm feeling quite big) (and in my head......'cause I'm not listening) "Um. You just need to hit up the regular clothes in Belk until reality sets in!"

Really??!!??!! Seriously?!!?!!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

LOL! Don't ya just love it?! (And I love "people watching/listening" too!)