Monday, December 14, 2009

When sitting on the floor gets too boring....

The girls get funnier by the day. They're so curious about everything and are quite adventurous. We have a small stand in our kitchen and the other night I was doing something in the kitchen (I'm laughing at you if you think I was cooking......) and I looked over and saw this.....
I quickly rescued Olivia (who is in the pink pants) and had a talk with the girls about taking turns. (obviously for my practice....at 18 mos I just get blank stares. Or laughter. Occasionally I'll get a "no no no" accompanied by some head shaking......moving on!) I like to think the girls listened because afterwards they played nicely and......get this.....took turns! See.....


We can't wait each day to see what they'll get into next. Well. Sometimes we can wait. When they're splashing in the dog's water bowl.....we can wait. When they're pulling every.single.wipe out of the wipe warmer......we can wait. When they're sneaking through the homemade barrier at the stairs......we can definitely wait for that (gates are impossible at the bottom of the stairs because of the way the banister is shaped). But otherwise.....bring on the curiosity!!


No comments: