Monday, November 23, 2009

Sibling Rivalry

Funny story from this weekend........

D and I were lounging around the living room - D on the couch and me on the floor. Sofia was with D and Olivia was playing on the floor next to me when she put her hands on my stomach and stood up.......then stood all the way up to balance standing on her own. Sofia used to do this when she was starting out.......she would stand up and then lean forward to catch herself on me when she lost her balance and I would hold my hand behind her and let her sit in my hand if she lost her balance backwards. So when Olivia did this on Sunday, D and I went wild........lots of clapping and "YAY Olivia!!!"'s --- we were ecstatic......here starts Olivia's quest towards walking!!! She was so proud of herself and we were doubly....no....triply proud of her!!

D said in the midst of our cheering and clapping, Sofia started squirming on the couch to get down. He put her on the floor and she crawls to the center of the room......and....you guessed it.....stood straight up and looked at us. She was just waiting for the applause. Which, of course, she received along with hysterical laughter.

Maybe you had to be there to understand how truly hilarious it was, but trust me......it was hilarious!!

We're looking forward to a great Thanksgiving and I'm looking forward to some time off with D and the girls. I'm a huge fan of one holiday at a time......but I don't have a rule about how long you have to wait between holidays so the Christmas decorations will be out in full force on Friday - haha! We'll see how the girls do with the trees......................

No comments: