Friday, September 19, 2008

Strep throat

Apparently it's going around and boy did it get my side of the family. I have it, my sister has it, her husband has it, my mom thinks she has it but she didn't have to go to the doctor - she told the nurse that we all had it and they called her meds in without seeing her. Ugh. I had a sore throat when I woke up yesterday morning and as soon as I felt it, I called my doctor for an appointment. By the time I got to my appointment, I had a fever of 102.7 (or 102.9 - I can't remember) and I wasn't able to drive home - my mom came to get me.

So! I've been camped out at my parents' house and will probably stay here until Sunday. The doctor told me if I could get 3 days of antibiotics in my system before being around the babies, that would be ideal (it was also ideal if I could stay somewhere else other than my house). Don't you know I was freaked out about having been around the girls and then coming down with strep. The good news is that, per their pediatrician (who we called yesterday as soon as I was officially diagnosed) it's very rare for babies under the age of 2 to get strep. That made me feel a little better, but why take the risk?? Of course I miss them and D, too, but we're lucky to have people close so that I can take a few days and get well and not have to worry about infecting them.

I've talked to D several times today and all seems well with he and the girls. Of course - this isn't the first time he's taken care of them for an extended period of time by himself, but it was the first time he's had them alone overnight. He's so awesome with them. He called me once and he was giving them a bath - I could hear the girls "talking" in the background.

Anyhow!! It's about time for my next nap - that's about all I've been doing since yesterday and I've rested easier once my fever finally broke last night. Here's to a speedy recovery!!

Until next time!!

No comments: