Wednesday, September 10, 2008

RANT RANT RANT RANT

Insurance companies. Enough said, right? I've been raving and raving about my medical benefits and how it's been awesome to not have to worry about that aspect throughout this whole baby journey. Granted.....some of those raves were probably undeserved when you look at the amount for my premium taken out of my paycheck each month, but whatever. Honeymoon is over.

For those of you who have been around me when I've had a "let 'em have it" call.....you would not have been disappointed today. I don't know what set me off.........getting 6 different stories from 3 different people? Maybe. Realizing that I was possibly given incorrect information when I made all my calls initially to make sure I was doing the right thing before it happened? Probably. This woman starting out her portion of the phone call by interrupting me with sarcasm? Don't you know it.

"Well, Ma'am, twins are common and it's also common for them to be born prematurely so your situation wasn't necessarily an emergency."

Give me a friggin' break. I must have missed her visit to my in-network hospital room the day they were pumping me full of every drug possible to stop labor. And I surely missed her in the in-network OR during my EMERGENCY c-section. You know -- with all of those out-of-network doctors in there.

Unbelievable. I've never had a 2.5 hour period (yes - I was on the phone for 2.5 hours today) where I've received such conflicting information. I kid you not - I took good notes. Funny - 2.5 hours on the phone and I'm still not 100% sure why the amounts I "owe" are what they are and why certain days were covered and other days weren't. On my third call back to ask a question, I was given the response I was given way back when so when I started asking more detailed questions, it turns out maybe.....just maybe....they were incorrect in their processing. Imagine that. Ha - for all I know she told me that so I would stop calling and it bought them 10 more days of peace and quiet before I start calling back.

I will call back, insurance people, as soon as your decision comes in the mail. By then my notes will be typed, bulleted and in chronological order and I'll be ready. So there.

On a MUCH happier note.......can I get a wooo hooo for 8 hours of sleep last night??!! (My heavens....imagine my 2.5 hours on the phone after little to no sleep........man oh man.)

No comments: