Sunday, July 20, 2008

Confession

Today mom and I went to see Mama Mia (wow.....TWO movies in one weekend!!) and aside from wanting to sell everything and move to Greece, I had to come home and download the entire soundtrack. If you don't know, Mama Mia is based on the music of ABBA.....you know...Dancing Queen...."You can dance......you can jive......." you get the point. So anyway. I was scrolling through some of the music files I downloaded for my iPod (I know they're on there....I just can't place my hands on the ole' iPod right now....it's probably in my gym bag in the back of the closet since I've not been to the gym in....hmmm.....oh minor details, right?) and I'm finally ready to confess. I'm a music nerd. Yes, yes...I know it may be hard to believe (no editorial smirks, please!) but yours truly is definitely a music nerd.

I call it a healthy appreciation for various music genres. That's what I'm sticking to. My playlist spans the gamut from musical soundtracks (Les Miserables, Miss Saigon, etc.) to Monster Ballads (you know...as seen on TV) to piano music and pop music and on and on. A little Michael Buble anyone? Prince? Even Jessica Simpson...........how will my sweet baby girls ever have a chance, right?!?!?!?! Hey - give me a few weeks and I'll be belting out the latest tracks from children's CDs and that's okay - there's plenty of room on the iPod.

Now if you'll excuse me.....I think Sofia wants to hear a little Ashley Tisdale.........

No comments: