Monday, February 8, 2010

I can name that tune in 5 notes

The girls are singing now. It's pretty awesome to hear them and usually D and I can tell what song they're singing. Well.....don't go giving us a ton of credit....their repertoire is pretty small right now, but still. Pretty awesome! We went to the grocery store on Saturday afternoon and on our drive, the girls sat in the back and sang away. It was picture perfect.

I don't remember when we first noticed them singing, but it seems like one day D and I looked at eachother and said "Is she singing 'Twinkle twinkle little star'??!!??!!" So far here's what they sing and how we've been able to name that tune (I'm not even going to attempt to write out how they sing the various words...... just work with me here!):

Twinkle twinkle little star -- they usually start with 'up above the world so high'

The alphabet song -- we usually hear 'ABC' and then a bunch of jabbering (while keeping the tune.....er....well....sort of) and then 'yyyyyyyyyyy zzzzzzzzzzz' and then "Yay!!!"

Row row row your boat -- we cheat on this one......we hear row ROW rowwwww and they're rocking back and forth as the row their boat - hahah!

Itsy bitsy spider -- this one isn't so easy until we see their little hands making the spider that's climbing up the water spout

Ring around the rosey -- this one is probably the easiest to pick out because they have the 'ashes ashes' down pat. It's hilarious -- when we start singing along, they stop what they're doing and start turning in circles. I love it!

I have to say....I think this talking stage is the best yet. Although......I'm still not over the walking - haha!!

To leave you with a few pictures. Here's Olivia (and you know she's sporting the pig tails!) hanging out with Barley. He was chewing on his feet and was totally oblivious to her so she just made herself right at home with him (well - until he ran away!)!! Say it with me now......"Awwwwwwwww!"



No comments: