Saturday, February 6, 2010

Catching up

Whew. I'm finally finished working out of town for a while. It was a crazy 4 weeks, but it actually went by very quickly. D and the girls were with me for the first 2 weeks and then I was alone for the last 2. It's not too bad although I missed D and the girls like crazy!

So! Now it's time to catch up. We had a ton of pictures on the camera so I'm going through them and will hopefully be back to updating regularly. Well. As regular was I was before, right?!

Before we headed out of town, we had a play date with our twin friends. Remember this picture of the girls with Kathryn and Isaac from a previous playdate.....
Look at how much they've grown........
(And since they're all mobile, you know getting a picture where all 4 of them were looking at the camera was impossible!!) Kathryn and Isaac, along with their Mommy and Daddy, came over one Saturday morning a few weeks ago to play with the girls. It was interesting to watch - both girls got really shy when they arrived and Olivia even hid in the corner and watched from a distance. That surprised me.......but I pulled out one of their favorite toys and the ice was quickly broken! What really surprised me, though, was when Olivia walked over to J (K&I's Daddy) and held her arms up for him to pick her up. Seriously! This is the kid who doesn't go to hardly anyone.....the one who, five minutes before, was hiding in the corner....and now she's sitting on J's lap. I couldn't get over it!
So the kiddos played well together and I even caught Kathryn and Olivia playing a little peek-a-boo!!
After looking back over my pictures from our latest playdate, I thought these were too funny.....Kathryn and the girls last April......................
And Kathryn and the girls in January..................

How cool is that?!?!?!

Hopefully once work slows down for me....and the weather gets a little nicer, we'll see more of our twin friends!!

No comments: