Thursday, May 29, 2008

I'm going home!

Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm going home tomorrow (Friday)!! The doctor told us this morning that, typically, they would send me home tomorrow but given that the babies are in the NICU and I've been here for so long (affecting my recovery), we could have another day if we wanted it. D and I talked it over and decided to go home tomorrow afternoon -- although we want to be close to the babies, I know I'll be more comfortable at home. Everyone has warned me that once I'm at home, I'm to be doing exactly what I'm doing here -- resting, staying hydrated, etc........but people know how I am.....I just can't wait to get my hands on the nursery!!
Here are a couple of pictures of the girls -- we saw them this afternoon and they had turned the lights off and were giving them a rest from the c-pap (that's just providing them a little pressure so they don't have to work as hard to breathe - they're not getting any extra oxygen) so we could see them. The tube in their mouth is the feeding tube - they had stopped Sofia's feedings last night to let her digestive system have a chance to catch up but as of this afternoon they've started her back on feeding and they've increased Olivia's feeding amount. The other leads you see are there to monitor their vital signs. (The quality is a little off - we had to turn off the flash so it didn't hurt their eyes -- their skin isn't that "splotchy" or shiny)

Sofia Kathryn


Olivia Claire

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They are precious! I'm thrilled that things went well and that all 3 of you girls are doing great! Hugs to you & D!